Yes. You will have to Rename the DAQ Hardware as described below.
Modal Amplified Software – Renaming Hardware
1) Install Modal Amplified software - it is recommended that you do not attach modal hardware/cabling to the PC during installation
2) Connect hardware to PC - Launch NI Maxx
After installation of Modal Amplified, connect modal hardware to PC. When encountering RDI modal hardware for the first time, you will see a National Instruments menu appear as shown below. Select “Go” to configure the hardware. If this message is not seen, manually launch NI Max software using Windows search bar.
[Display properties might need to be adjusted to see the small font!]
Note! If NI Max software is very small, try the following:
- Increase scaling factor of your display temporarily or…
- Close NI Max, then:
- Using File Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MAX\
- Right-click on NIMax.exe, select Properties->Compatibility->Change high DPI settings.
- Select Override high DPI scaling behavior/Scaling performed by:
- Choose System from drop down.
Expand the Tree in upper left corner – again, expand “Devices and Interfaces” as shown.
Note – if you see multiple NI cDAQ-9174 entries, simply right-click/delete entries with the red ‘X’, as shown.
Renaming the active NI hardware: if needed, rename the DAQ itself as shown below. Enter into “Name” field cDAQ1…then select Save. If already correctly named, skip this step!
Drop down to the 9230 Card; rename as shown – enter AI1 [Analog In 1], then select Save.
Drop to the 9402 Card; rename as shown – enter DIO1 [Digital In/Out 1], then select Save.
Shaker card: if the Shaker card is present, continue the renaming process for this module; rename that card AO1 (Analog Out 1), then select Save.
Upon completion, NI Max should reflect the following (ignore third card, 9260 if no Shaker card was purchased)
Exit NI Max – Modal Amplified is ready to go!
As long as your hardware doesn’t change, this process will not be required again.
- If hardware reflected within NI Max does not appear as described above, power down hardware and remove Modal-to-USB from PC
- Relaunch NI Max
- If hardware cannot be found, check Device Manager as shown below: attempt to update Driver
- If a rogue entry exists, such as shown below, delete it.